26 Jul 2010, 21:28
Generic-user-small

Esteban Castro (21 posts)

hi, what happen when client say me “hey I need myself add new editors and reporters” so the client don’t need contact every time that he want add a new editor, for that I need give to the client the super admin account (that not good), how to able to they can add new editors?

or this other example: I create a new tab “CACHE” for access to clear cache, what happen if I want give to the client access to that tab? I need give to client access to ADMIN?

I give the link? but he can see other parts of the admin, thats bad! http://www.mysite.com/system/index.php?S=f114fe7f40523d742976bdc71de2e5037646eed7&C=admin&M=utilities&P=clear_cache_form

I mean for resume, how give to client any specific part of the cpanel that I want.

thanks Ryan

28 Jul 2010, 02:47
Ryanirelan_headshot_48x48_pragsmall

Ryan Irelan (218 posts)

Esteban, you can create a special member group for the client and give them access to administrate member accounts. It’s under “Control Panel Administration” when creating a member group. That way you can give them all of the permissions they need without giving super admin access.

bq. I create a new tab “CACHE” for access to clear cache, what happen if I want give to the client access to that tab? I need give to client access to ADMIN?

Yes, for that you would have to give them access to the admin area.

You must be logged in to comment