23 Apr 2009, 11:53
Generic-user-small

Kevin OKeefe (2 posts)

Hi Bill,

Could you please take a look at the reflectionMask method in the stage 6 code? I have built the project (Xcode 3.1.2, OS X 10.5.6) and don’t get the expected results in the reflection image. Your video (v-bdcora-v-06.mov) seems to verify my results.

Thanks in advance, Kevin

23 Apr 2009, 13:42
Biopic_100x100_pragsmall

Bill Dudney (917 posts)

Hi Kevin,

More detail would help, the mask works as expected for me. I was just showing it in a demo less than a week ago straight from the downloaded code.

23 Apr 2009, 15:14
Generic-user-small

Kevin OKeefe (2 posts)

Hi Bill,

I was expecting the reflection image to fade as you move down the image (full opacity to a weaker and weaker one)? There is a picture in the video that displays an image with a reflection in what looks like a notebook (spiral top). It is right after the discussion about the reflectionMask code. This is what I thought we would see, but I don’t see the reflection image in the step 6 code or in your video change at all?

Thanks, Kevin

23 Apr 2009, 16:11
Biopic_100x100_pragsmall

Bill Dudney (917 posts)

Hi Kevin,

I see now, sorry for the confusion.

It sounds like the spot the fade gets strong is too far down the image for you. Try tweaking that so that its goes to 20% or so and that will bring the fade way up the image. I moved it down because I wanted the fade to be pronounced in the side images but not as much in the front facing image.

There are also parameters that you can tweak in the code that allow you to change the size of the images relative to the overall size of the layer that they are displayed in. That is another place where you could tweak and perhaps get more of what you are looking for.

Good luck and please let me know if any of this does not make sense.

You must be logged in to comment