07 Feb 2010, 04:47
Bathyjb1_pragsmall

Ronald Bell (11 posts)

I’m enjoying the videos quite a bit, by the way. Very informative.

In video #3, you show us a custom layout manager. It’s very interesting and all, but it strikes me that what we see when we resize the window is incorrect behavior.

When we resize a window, its subviews should resize and reposition with no lag. I would like the subviews to shuffle to a new position with a 0.25f or 0.5f duration when I tap the up/down keys, but I want them move instantaneously when the layoutManager is being resized. Make sense?

I can’t figure out how to do this. I can add an animation dictionary to sublayer.actions for “position” and set the duration to 0.001f and get reasonable instantaneous repositioning, but when I resize the window, the subviews reposition and resize themselves with the weird lag as before. So resizing is not being affecting by my 0.001f.

Ack! I’ve achieved the opposite of what I wanted!

I thought about a delegate, but I’d be telling it to have one duration for “position” when layoutManager is resizing, and another for “position” at other times, and I don’t know how to do that. Plus, like I say, I already set duration to be 0.001f and the when the window resizes, the sublayers are moving in a way that suggests they’re ignoring that number.

Any ideas?

You must be logged in to comment