10 Apr 2009, 05:29
Generic-user-small

Shoaib Raza (15 posts)

Hi,

I have use the iPhone-google-map-component and rendering the point over map successfully. When I am using the polylines representing the distance travelled, after 10meters app crash. Without polylines it works fine. Is there any way to draw polylines without app crash?

Regards, Shoaib

11 Apr 2009, 08:57
Biopic_100x100_pragsmall

Bill Dudney (917 posts)

Sure you can draw poly lines without an app crash.

You probably have have a bug in your code.

Good luck!

11 Apr 2009, 20:12
Generic-user-small

Shoaib Raza (15 posts)

Thanks Bill,

I have drawn the polylines but after sometime app crash. I have checked more than once but code is fine. Secondly GEvent.addListener is also not working in UIWebview? Here is code for drawing polylines

• (void) drawPolyline:(CLLocation *)previousLocation:(CLLocation *)newLocation { NSString *script = [NSString stringWithFormat:@”var polyline = new GPolyline([” “new GLatLng(%lf, %lf),” “new GLatLng(%lf, %lf)” “], "#0000ff",3,1);” “map.addOverlay(polyline);”, previousLocation.coordinate.latitude,previousLocation.coordinate.longitude,newLocation.coordinate.latitude,newLocation.coordinate.longitude];

NSString *res = [self evalJS:script]; NSLog(@”setting polyline with latlng, script = %@, result = %@”, script, res); }

Regards, Shoaib

13 Apr 2009, 09:33
Generic-user-small

Shoaib Raza (15 posts)

Hi Bill,

An app which requires to show a google map in UIWebview. A google markers must rolls over map according to GPS coordinates. Also needs to draw the google polyline over the travelled way and calculate the speed km/hr.

As per above scenario, I have achieved the google map in UIwebview with markers rolls over the google map as per my physical movement. Now I have two requirements

1) Calculate Speed in km/hr To achieve this, I am doing like this

Speed = (distance / timeElapsed) * 3.6

where distance is in meters and timeElapsed is in seconds. Is this the right way for getting speed?

2) Google Polyline over Google Map I also created a function which draws google polyline as marker moves. It runs successfully for limited time and then app crash up. I have tried my best to draw the polyline over map but unsuccessfull. The main reason to draw polyline is “View travelled path”. Still I didn’t get any reason why the app crahes. Without polylines, I have tested upto 40km and runs successfully and marker moves smoothly. But I need to draw polyline. How to achieve it? Is there any bug in UIWebview or using old operating system.

Currently my iPhone is 8GB with 2.1 OS. I wants to finish this app in 2.1 OS. Only issue is draw polyline over google map. Later, I’ll upgrade to new 3.0OS for getting new features.

I shall be very thankful for your guidance and technical support.

Regards, Shoaib

13 Apr 2009, 15:55
Biopic_100x100_pragsmall

Bill Dudney (917 posts)

Hi Shoaib,

Sorry I’m not very up on google map api.

Good luck!

14 Apr 2009, 06:51
Generic-user-small

Shoaib Raza (15 posts)

Thanks Bill,

But I have solved it. This is only beacuse of memory management. Everything is ok but due to lack of memory I couldn’t draw polyline more than 10km. But I have released some resources like (don’t use double data type). Also I have change the width of polyline to 2 instead of 3.

I was creating more than one GPolyline object over the map but now I am keep increamenting the existing polyline object which shows the line over the map sequently.

I have tested upto 70km and found no bug.

Shoaib

15 Apr 2010, 16:34
Generic-user-small

Khaled Sh (1 post)

Dear Shoaib,

I’m trying to draw a line only between two points any suggestions? Would polyline will be the best way to go?

Thanks

You must be logged in to comment