small medium large xlarge

Back to: All Forums  Grails
Me_pragsmall
24 Nov 2009, 22:19
Jamie Hoover (1 post)

My company and I use Grails 1.2-M4.

As the release of 1.2 is right around the corner, would you please consider overhauling the code examples?

There are many discrepancies in the generated code and I believe that the iterative nature of ebooks would support this well.

Dklein_tiny_pragsmall
25 Nov 2009, 03:04
Dave Klein (34 posts)

That’s a great idea! I am going through and testing the code with the latest milestone release. Once we get a 1.2 release candidate, I’ll get started on regenerating the code from scratch.

Generic-user-small
04 Dec 2009, 17:43
Bharat Ruparel (148 posts)

Hello Dave, I have gone through your book using Grails 1.2 M4. It works quite well. I can send you the zipped file of my project if you wish. The book is really well written and quite easy to follow. Regards, Bharat

Generic-user-small
11 Jan 2010, 07:20
Ray Tayek (10 posts)

our study group is using 1.2. most of us are in chapters 3-4. so far so good.

thanks

Generic-user-small
07 Feb 2010, 19:26
Bharat Ruparel (148 posts)

Hello David, I am upgrading from Grails 1.2 M4 to Grails 1.2.1 release and have run into problems with the Blurb plugin again! I actually cleaned out the .grails directory under my user name (Windows XP) and rebuilt the project. Here is the error that I am getting now:

Server running. Browse to http://localhost:8080/MyTekDays
2010-02-07 14:15:41,890 [http-8080-1] ERROR view.GroovyPageView - Error processing GroovyPageView: Error executing tag : groovy.lang.MissingMetho
dException: No signature of method: static Blurb.findByName() is applicable for argument types: (org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.GStringImpl) values: [custom_1
] at C:/workspace-sts-2.3.0.RELEASE/MyTekDays/grails-app/views/tekEvent/show.gsp:103
org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.taglib.exceptions.GrailsTagException: Error executing tag : groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of met
hod: static Blurb.findByName() is applicable for argument types: (org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.GStringImpl) values: [custom_1] at C:/workspace-sts-2.3.0.REL
EASE/MyTekDays/grails-app/views/tekEvent/show.gsp:103
at C__workspace_sts_2_3_0_RELEASE_MyTekDays_grails_app_views_tekEvent_show_gsp$_run_closure2.doCall(C__workspace_sts_2_3_0_RELEASE_MyTekDays_grails
_app_views_tekEvent_show_gsp:83)
at C__workspace_sts_2_3_0_RELEASE_MyTekDays_grails_app_views_tekEvent_show_gsp$_run_closure2.doCall(C__workspace_sts_2_3_0_RELEASE_MyTekDays_grails
_app_views_tekEvent_show_gsp)
at C__workspace_sts_2_3_0_RELEASE_MyTekDays_grails_app_views_tekEvent_show_gsp.run(C__workspace_sts_2_3_0_RELEASE_MyTekDays_grails_app_views_tekEve
nt_show_gsp:97)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerInvocationException: groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: static Blurb.findByName() is
applicable for argument types: (org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.GStringImpl) values: [custom_1]
… 4 more
Caused by: groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: static Blurb.findByName() is applicable for argument types: (org.codehaus.groovy.run
time.GStringImpl) values: [custom_1]
at BlurbTagLib$_closure1.doCall(BlurbTagLib.groovy:4)
… 4 more
2010-02-07 14:15:41,890 [http-8080-1] ERROR errors.GrailsExceptionResolver - Error processing GroovyPageView: Error executing tag : groovy.lang.M
issingMethodException: No signature of method: static Blurb.findByName() is applicable for argument types: (org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.GStringImpl) values
[custom_1] at C:/workspace-sts-2.3.0.RELEASE/MyTekDays/grails-app/views/tekEvent/show.gsp:103 org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.pages.exceptions.GroovyPagesException: Error processing GroovyPageView: Error executing tag : groovy.lang.MissingMe thodException: No signature of method: static Blurb.findByName() is applicable for argument types: (org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.GStringImpl) values: [custo m_1] at C:/workspace-sts-2.3.0.RELEASE/MyTekDays/grails-app/views/tekEvent/show.gsp:103 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619) Caused by: org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.taglib.exceptions.GrailsTagException: Error executing tag : groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signa ture of method: static Blurb.findByName() is applicable for argument types: (org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.GStringImpl) values: [custom_1] at C:/workspace-st s-2.3.0.RELEASE/MyTekDays/grails-app/views/tekEvent/show.gsp:103

However, I can see the blurb plugin expanded and installed under the .grails directory. I cannot make any sense of this error. Can you?

Thanks.

Bharat

Dklein_tiny_pragsmall
15 Feb 2010, 13:14
Dave Klein (34 posts)

Hi Bharat,

Apparently, the Blurb plugin is broken under 1.2.1 (maybe even 1.2). I know the author so I will get on him to update it. One reader sent an email and said that he modified the Blurb plugin code and put all the classes in a package and then in the GQuick code he imported that package. That did the trick for him, but I haven’t looked into it further. Let us know if something like that works for you.

Thanks, Dave

You must be logged in to comment