small medium large xlarge

Generic-user-small
17 Sep 2009, 03:35
Steven Carlson (7 posts)

First off I love the book, it is a wonderful introduction to the concepts behind Objective-C. I have been a perl programmer for years, but have yet to venture into desktop development. This book has been very helpful.

Page 38: Objective Filetypes for a Class “It is perfectly possible to create a class in a single file”…

Shouldn’t it be ‘multiple classes’

Generic-user-small
17 Sep 2009, 09:20
Tim Isted (105 posts)

Thank you Steven, great to hear that you’ve found it helpful.

That sentence on page 38 is referring to the fact that it’s possible to put both the interface and implementation for a class into one file rather than splitting the class description into ClassName.h and ClassName.m files.

Having said that, it is also possible to put multiple class descriptions inside one file, i.e. having 2 or more interfaces and implementations all within one file, so I will revise that sentence slightly as it’s a good thing to mention.

Thanks, T

Generic-user-small
17 Sep 2009, 12:30
Steven Carlson (7 posts)

Tim,

Thank you for getting back with me, now with that information when I reread it I understand your original point. A slight clarification might help other readers understand this paragraph more clearly.

Aside from this you have done a wonderful job of explaining everything.

Generic-user-small
18 Sep 2009, 02:09
Steven Carlson (7 posts)

pg 45, under ‘Creating an Instance of our NotifyingClass’

“Give our knowledge…”

Should it be “Given our”

Generic-user-small
17 Sep 2009, 21:01
Steven Carlson (7 posts)

pg 45, under ‘Creating an Instance of our NotifyingClass’

“Give our knowledge…”

Should it be “Given our”

Generic-user-small
18 Sep 2009, 11:09
Tim Isted (105 posts)

Yes, thanks for picking that up, this will be fixed for the next Beta.

I’ve added it to the errata page for the book, which is now active at: http://www.pragprog.com/titles/tibmac/errata

Generic-user-small
18 Sep 2009, 17:18
Steven Carlson (7 posts)

Thanks Tim, when I tried to click on the errata link from the PDF it gave an error. That is why I reported it in the forum. If I find other items where should I report them?

thanks

Generic-user-small
18 Sep 2009, 17:33
Tim Isted (105 posts)

The errata page wasn’t active initially, so it would have given you an error if you tried to use it for the earlier issues.

I’ve just tried clicking through from the “Report Erratum” link at the bottom of a page in the current Beta and it appears to be working now.

If you find typos, or obvious mistakes, please report them at the Errata page. If you’re not sure about something and want to ask for clarification, then it’s probably better to use the Discussion forum where it’s easier to post follow-up messages.

Generic-user-small
18 Sep 2009, 21:43
Steven Carlson (7 posts)

Ok will do thank you Tim, and I cannot say it enough, you did one heck of a job on this book! Hope to read more from you.

You must be logged in to comment