small medium large xlarge

Generic-user-small
17 Sep 2009, 13:39
Ravi Khalsa (3 posts)

From the pdf eBook on page 23… “We need to add our new text view to TextApp’s window. To make sure this window is visible, double-click on the icon in the main MainMenu.xib window that’s labelled “Window (TextApp)” and it will open as a blank window on screen.”

Having opened that window in Interface Builder, there is no window labelled ““Window (TextApp)” in MainMenu.xib There is “File’s Owner”, “First Responder”, “Application”, “Main Menu”, and “Font Manager”. SDK 3.2 (Snow Leopard)

Now what!?

Generic-user-small
17 Sep 2009, 13:54
Tim Isted (105 posts)

What kind of application did you create? You need to choose ‘Cocoa Application’, and to make sure none of the Options checkboxes in the New Project window are ticked (i.e. make sure ‘Create document-based application’ is not ticked) before creating the project. It sounds like you might have created a Document-based application by mistake—is there a “MyDocument.xib” file as well as your “MainMenu.xib”?

Generic-user-small
17 Sep 2009, 15:07
Ravi Khalsa (3 posts)

Hi Tim, Thanks, yes there was a “MyDocument.xib” Recreated without checking “…document-based…”

1462547_10152030424046354_172793474_o_pragsmall
30 Jan 2010, 17:00
Giuseppe Caruso (22 posts)

Tim, I am sorry, I made the same error and I even opened a ticket about that… Please, if you can, delete it.

You must be logged in to comment