small medium large xlarge

Generic-user-small
11 Feb 2010, 10:46
David Wolff (3 posts)

The code on pg 63 seems all to be fine. I right clicked the notifyingClass object in IB and dragged the received actions over to my new button and that all looked good. When I Build & Run it the text box pops up with my new shiny button… but clicking it yields nothing… I’ve even copied and pasted the code on pg63 to my file but I can’t figure out where I am missing something that the buttons needs to send the displaySomeText message.

Any help?

Dave

Generic-user-small
11 Feb 2010, 11:32
Tim Isted (105 posts)

Hi Dave,

Has the connection definitely been made? The Notifying Class HUD window (that’s the one seen when you right-click or Ctrl-click on an object in Interface Builder) should show the words “Push Button (Button)” as shown in Figure 4.4 on p.66 of the latest book Beta, and the HUD for the Push Button should look like Figure 4.5 on p.67.

Have you got the Xcode console visible? That’s where messages will be appearing for now (later in the chapter, they’ll appear in the TextApp application’s window while the app is running). Open this console from Xcode, choosing Run > Console (Shft-Cmd-R). Each time you click the button in TextApp, one line should appear in this console window.

Tim

Generic-user-small
11 Feb 2010, 17:26
David Wolff (3 posts)

So I ran through the steps again… even going so far as to delete the old NotifyingClass object and the button. The HUD shows displaySomeText: and PushButton (Button) correctly. I’m at a bit of a loss as to what isn’t happening…

Generic-user-small
11 Feb 2010, 17:30
Tim Isted (105 posts)

Did the “Hello World!” messages etc from the end of the previous chapter show up correctly in the console window?

Generic-user-small
12 Feb 2010, 05:01
David Wolff (3 posts)

Yes. Those functioned perfectly, including the double messages when I added the second NotifyingClass object.

You must be logged in to comment