small medium large xlarge

Generic-user-small
15 Apr 2010, 22:07
Marco Muzi Falconi (3 posts)

I have enjoyed what I have read so far. I am now stuck at page 63 and cannot figure out what is wrong. I placed the button in the TextApp window, but when I control click the Notifying Class blue cube I only get Referencing Outles in the HUD, no sign of Received Actions. The code in NotifyingClass.m seems right to me. Any idea of what could be wrong?

Generic-user-small
16 Apr 2010, 08:43
Tim Isted (105 posts)

What are the contents of the @NotifyingClass.h@ file? Have you definitely changed the word @void@ to @IBAction@ in @NotifyingClass.h@? And saved the file?

Generic-user-small
16 Apr 2010, 23:23

Sure I did. I tried again starting from scratch, still the same problem. If I try to connect form Sent Actions (in the Push Button HUD) to the Notifying Class object, it won’t let me do it.

Generic-user-small
17 Apr 2010, 06:21

I found how to fix it. For some reason that I don’t understand, when I create a new class with Xcode, IB doesn’t see it. I had to go to IB and tell it to read the class file. This did it

Generic-user-small
17 Apr 2010, 08:40
Tim Isted (105 posts)

That’s very strange. Which version of Xcode are you using? Is it a normal release, or one of e.g. the iPhone SDK Betas? It’s difficult to be entirely sure what would cause the behind-the-scenes communication between Xcode and Interface Builder to stop working. Sometimes, just quitting both Xcode and IB, then relaunching them can solve any strange problems, though in this case given you’ve had the problem for more than a day, I’m assuming that hasn’t worked.

Photo_5_pragsmall
23 Apr 2010, 19:37
Bayard Webb (8 posts)

Are you saving before switching apps? I just spent about 15 minutes trying to figure out why nothing was happening when I built and ran a program only to discover that I hadn’t saved my xib before building. I think you have to save in XCode before IB sees the declarations.

You must be logged in to comment