small medium large xlarge

Generic-user-small
17 Aug 2010, 17:35
Niranjan Perera (2 posts)

Running Xcode 3.2.3.

Code:

@implementation NotifyingClass

• (id)init { NSLog(@”Hello World! I’m a new NotifyClass instance!”); return self; }

@end

Debugger shows:

[Session started at 2010-08-17 13:24:06 -0400.] GNU gdb 6.3.50-20050815 (Apple version gdb-1469) (Wed May 5 04:36:56 UTC 2010) Copyright 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc. GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions. Type “show copying” to see the conditions. There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type “show warranty” for details. This GDB was configured as “x86_64-apple-darwin”.tty /dev/ttys001 Loading program into debugger… Program loaded. run [Switching to process 1119] Running…

Debugger stopped. Program exited with status value:0.

I dont see my message. Just curious if I missed a step somewhere. ( all files have been saved )

Generic-user-small
17 Aug 2010, 17:41
Tim Isted (105 posts)

Have you definitely added the NotifyingClass instance to the xib file in Interface Builder?

If so, could you try running the project in the downloadable sample code at: http://www.pragprog.com/titles/tibmac/source_code to make sure the debugger output appears for that project (in the AllAboutObjects directory).

Generic-user-small
17 Aug 2010, 17:52
Niranjan Perera (2 posts)

Mistake on my part. I thought I had saved all the files. I had not save the interface builder file. When I tried to exit Xcode, IB prompted me. Thanks. Getting used to the multiple windows and screens.

You must be logged in to comment