small medium large xlarge

Generic-user-small
17 Jun 2011, 19:51
Andre Andrepont (2 posts)

Hey all, has anybody hit this issue yet? Working through Chapter 12, adding the Purchased column to the table view, the book says that if I drag the Check Box object to the Purchased column, the column will change from a text cell to a check box cell. That’s not happening for me. The object just lays on top of the interface.

Up to this point I’ve been able to work my way through the differences between Xcode 3.2 and Xcode 4 that aren’t accounted for in the book, but this is the first issue that’s got me well and truly stuck. Any help would be very much appreciated. By the way, Tim, thank you for writing the first introductory book that I’ve really been able to grok. I’m very new to programming but not new to the Mac at all. Kudos for the help!

Generic-user-small
17 Jun 2011, 20:38
Tim Isted (105 posts)

Hi Andre,

Are you definitely dragging out a “check box cell”, rather than the stand-alone “check box”? The cell is there in the Xcode 4 Object Library - it looks like this:

I’ve just tested this in Xcode 4, and it should highlight the table column when you hover over it.

Tim

Generic-user-small
17 Jun 2011, 20:43
Andre Andrepont (2 posts)

Wow… yep, that was it. I wasn’t looking closely enough. You are the BEST, my friend!

Generic-user-small
17 Jun 2011, 20:56
Tim Isted (105 posts)

I’ve got caught out by this sort of thing many times :)

You must be logged in to comment