small medium large xlarge

Generic-user-small
29 Sep 2011, 19:01
Stephanie Ogden (5 posts)

Under the IBAction line it says Warning cannot find interface declaration for Notifying Class in Yellow

Then under the text view line it says in red text view undeclared first use in this function in Red

AND under receiving objects it says error: syntax error before [ token error: syntax error at OTHER token and More…. Also in Red Highlight

Can you help me out? I am really trying to follow the book, step by step, but I keep getting these errors. I am very much a beginner so I am also worried, I might not understand your answer, but I really would like to learn this if possible. :)

Generic-user-small
01 Oct 2011, 16:21

Hmmm. Is there anybody out there?

Generic-user-small
01 Oct 2011, 22:22
Tim Isted (105 posts)

Hi Stephanie,

Apologies for the delay, I’ve been internet-disconnected for a few days.

Is the class called “Notifying Class” with a space, or “NotifyingClass” without the space? It should be all one word with no spaces.

Generic-user-small
02 Oct 2011, 16:35

Thanks for getting back with me Tim, I can understand being internet disconnected for a few days. I will copy and paste how it is written below. -

// // NotifyingClass.m // TextApp // // Created by Stephanie Ogden on 9/11/11. // Copyright 2011 MyCompanyName. All rights reserved. //

import “NotifyingClass.h”

@implementation NotifyngClass - (IBAction)displaySomeText:(id)sender { [textView insertText:@”displaySomeText just got called!\n”]; } [«receiving object» «message»«:optional parameters»]; @end

I REALLY appreciate your help with this. I am sure it is my mistake, I just don’t know what it is.

Generic-user-small
02 Oct 2011, 16:40

Also, I am not sure if this is related, but the push button I created, opens in a different window. It is by itself, in another box. I drew the blue lines that connect them together in the text app menu.

Generic-user-small
03 Oct 2011, 09:44
Tim Isted (105 posts)

Hi Stephanie,

I think the easiest thing is if you could send me your entire project so I can take a look. Please zip up the directory containing the Xcode project file and all source files etc and send it by email.

My email address can be found via the book’s site: http://beginning-mac-programming.timisted.net/

Generic-user-small
05 Oct 2011, 00:27

I emailed you the project. Just want to be sure you received it. Thanks again for your help!

You must be logged in to comment