Back to: All Forums  PragPub
Earlava_pragsmall
02 Sep 2009, 19:20
Camal Cakar (28 posts)

One word : Awesome !

Norman_pragsmall
03 Sep 2009, 07:39
Norman Hoodoi (7 posts)

This magazine gets better and better. I enjoyed it all the way.

Roy_pragsmall
03 Sep 2009, 15:24
Roy Daly (1 post)

“Clone Yourself” .. a most thought provoking article! A big ‘thank you’.

Carl_sagan_pragsmall
04 Sep 2009, 13:49
Larry Marylan (4 posts)

I read pragmatic books since the “the pragmatic programmer”. But this magazine specially this issue is, like my son would say a “epic win”.

Johannes-hartmann_pragsmall
06 Sep 2009, 13:26
Johannes Deutschland (18 posts)

Done with the September issue. Great. I can´t wait for the next issue.

Mike0_pragsmall
06 Sep 2009, 14:09
Michael Swaine (69 posts)

Thanks to all for the kind words. But Johannes, you’re not quite done with the September issue yet. Later today I’ll post the errata. ;-)

Mike0_pragsmall
07 Sep 2009, 15:48

Daniel Weinreb points out that the url provided in the Calendar for The Strange Loop conference no longer works; use this one http://thestrangeloop.com/ instead.

Here’s the correct address http://www.log4Jfugue.org for downloading Log4JFugue.

John Fricker recommends a Dorfman Pacific Outback wool fedora for the draft I’ve been feeling on my scalp. I guess that’s sort of an erratum.

Generic-user-small
05 Oct 2009, 09:54
Denny Rieche (2 posts)

Just printed the September PragPub and read some pages during a break. Guys, my biggest compliments - beautiful reading stuff. What i most like is the beautiful mixture between usable technical knowledge and human-related topics like “get a life”. A magazine with obviously human beings behind - absolutely great! Thanks a lot!

Idea for a future article: Ask different people (readers) - best from different countries - about their experiences with certain topics. Got the idea when reading the september’s “Get a life”. The part about the days off in different countries.

All the best for the future.

Mike0_pragsmall
05 Oct 2009, 13:38

Denny, looking at Life issues from the perspective of different cultures, different countries, is intriguing. The internet, especially among software developers, is usually seen as masking cultural differences. I think of that famous Peter Steiner cartoon from the New Yorker, “On the Internet, Nobody Knows You’re a Dog.” But that cartoon was sixteen years ago. Open source software projects give us a chance to work with people we’ve never seen in countries we’ve never visited. Maybe we should be celebrating our diversity as well as what we have in common. The October issue will be out this week. -Mike

You must be logged in to comment