small medium large xlarge

Back to: All Forums  Other Stuff
Generic-user-small
29 Jun 2010, 17:11
Anthony Burns (5 posts)

I just downloaded Kindle for my Motorola Droid, and was wondering anyone knows of a way to get at my PragPub books from there. Thanks!

Generic-user-small
15 Jul 2010, 05:02
Neil James (2 posts)

If you copy your *.mobi file to the sdcard/kindle path on your phone, you can open it with Kindle for Android. The only problem is that if there are non-Amazon titles in that path, the app will force close when invoking Whispersync. To get around that, you can put your phone in Airplane Mode before opening the Kindle App, then take it out of airplane mode once you have selected your book. This means no whispersync features, notes, or highlights.

Generic-user-small
16 Jul 2010, 05:19
Neil James (2 posts)

Amazon just pushed an update that corrects the force close issue, so just drag-and-drop your *.mobi into /sdcard/kindle and you are good to go.

Generic-user-small
05 Sep 2011, 20:51
Michael Ibarra (1 post)

Hi all,

I did the above and it works, but I’m not able to sync across devices. I use bookmarks and highlighting a lot and can’t get them to sync. Nor will it sync to my furthest read location. Anyone got any ideas?

Mike

Generic-user-small
15 Mar 2012, 12:16
blogs (1 post)

To get around that, you can put your phone in Airplane Mode before opening the Kindle App.[img]http://www.nobod.info/g.gif[/img]

You must be logged in to comment