I attempted to login on pragprog.com today using OpenID with my Google account and that didn’t work for some reason.
Here’s how it happened:
- I clicked on the “log in using OpenID” link
- Selected Google from the OpenID URL box
- Clicked on the Login button
- Was redirected to a Google page asking me to authorize pragprog.com as if I was logging in for the first time
- Was redirected back to pragprog.com telling me my OpenID is not associated with an account.
I haven’t visited the site for a while so I don’t know if it’s a recent issue.
On https://www.google.com/accounts/b/0/IssuedAuthSubTokens I see pragprog.com appear twice.
I’m not sure if it always been the case but it seems that the login page now use https. It’s possible that Google OpenID treats http and https on the same domain as two different sites and that switching to https invalidated my login.
Anyways I fixed it by re-associating my account but just wanted to report the issue in case it’s affecting someone else.