small medium large xlarge

Generic-user-small
28 Nov 2011, 16:14
Shazad Rehman (4 posts)

Hi, On P12 I followed commands:

rails new dummy_app cd dummy_app rake doc:rails

When issuing the last command I notice that rake aborts due to denied permissions. See below.

rm -r doc/api Parsing sources… 100% [485/485] /opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/railties-3.1.3/lib/rails.rb

Generating Darkfish format into /Users/punjabdapunk/Projects/Ruby/dammy_app/doc/api… rake aborted! error generating /opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1_8/gems/actionmailer-3_1_3/MIT-LICENSE.html: Permission denied - /opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1_8/gems/actionmailer-3_1_3/MIT-LICENSE.html (Errno::EACCES)

Tasks: TOP => doc:rails => doc/api/index.html (See full trace by running task with –trace)

Is this normal behavior. I’ve googled and searched the forum but to no avail.

I’m a noob to all this and am willing to do what is needed to grok this. Can someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks. Shazad

Generic-user-small
28 Nov 2011, 08:37
Taylor Mock (5 posts)

not sure if this will help or not, but did you type “rails new dUmmy_app” or “rails new dAmmy_app” . reason i ask is because the output before your error says …“dammy_app/doc/api…” . It wont matter whether you use an ‘a’ or ‘u’, but you will have to stick with whatever you created from then on. so you would then cd into dammy_app instead, etc.

maybe that will help?

Generic-user-small
28 Nov 2011, 16:13
Shazad Rehman (4 posts)

Thanks Taylor…

I did notice the typo and tried it again and on this occasion I double checked what I typed. Sadly, same result.

Shazad

You must be logged in to comment