small medium large xlarge

Generic-user-small
06 Mar 2012, 23:28
Alberto Beghetto (1 post)

Hi everybody, I’m using a system with Ubuntu 11.10, Rails 3.1, Ruby 1.8.7. On my system there is Apache 2.2.20 and Passenger 3.

I’m trying to load my application with apache.

Following the instructions of the book i couldn’t understand whitch apache configuration file/s had to be edited.

After having found several information on the net, i decided to follow the enclosed procedure (whitch i personally built-up): 1) Edit the /etc/apache2/apache.conf by adding this line: ServerName albertobege LoadModule passenger_module /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-3.0.11/ext/apache2/mod_passenger.so PassengerRoot /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-3.0.11 PassengerRuby /usr/bin/ruby1.8

2) adding a file il /etc/apache/sites-availabe/albertobege.com whit application config (i must substitute < > with [ ] beacause i don’t know how to publish code, as you can see this is the first time i post on programmes forum): [VirtualHost *:80] ServerName albertobege.com DocumentRoot /Ruby/depotB/public [Directory /Ruby/depotB/public] AllowOverride all Options -MultiViews Order allow,deny Allow from all [/Directory] [/VirtualHost]

3) disable the default config by this command, sudo a2dissite default.

4) enable my config, sudo a2ensite albertobege.com

5) adding albertobege.com to /etc/hosts 127.0.0.1 albertobege.com

At this point i try to run myapplication by tiping this addresses, 127.0.0.1, 127.0.1.1, albertobege.com, in the browser receving always the same response. Getting the following html page, showing the error:

Ruby (Rack) application could not be started Error message: unable to open database file (SQLite3::CantOpenException) Exception class: PhusionPassenger::UnknownError

What can i do?

Please consider that i’m not an expert programmer. I’m following this amazing book but often i have to stop to deeper alanlize a specific topic in order to be able to continue reading the book. Nevertheless i keep on studying ruby.

Do you think it would be usefull for me if i would read “Deploying Rails”? One of the last books the Pragmatic Bookshelf published.

Is there a way to upload the html error message? If there is i will.

Thanks in advice.

Alberto

You must be logged in to comment