small medium large xlarge

Generic-user-small
08 Sep 2012, 12:56
Luke Annison (2 posts)

I must have some karmic debts to pay before any of this becomes smooth, as I’ve been struggling for some time now to simply check the installation of/install rails and ruby.

First when told to make sure I have Xcode 3 or later installed, I open the application to check its version a window pops up saying “This installation of Xcode requires Mac OS X 10.7 Lion. Install a version of Xcode Tools that supports Mac OS X10.8”. So this is probably simply enough but I’m sure I have at least version 3 installed so I head over to terminal to check my version (@xcodebuild -version@) and it says command not found.

Everything I then go on to type (@git –version@ etc) says command not found.

A similar thing happened before I purchased the book and an experienced programmer friend of mine was teaching me some basics of rails and was saying things like “Oh thats strange” “Ok, well try this then”.

I haven’t even started yet and I’m having technical difficulties :(

Thanks for any help, your saving my skin

Generic-user-small
08 Sep 2012, 13:01
Luke Annison (2 posts)

Sorry, it says @xcrun: Error: failed to exec real xcrun. (No such file or directory)@ after inputing @xcodebuild -version@ not “command not found”.

“command not found” is after inputing @git -v@ and a couple of other things I’ve tried.

You must be logged in to comment