I am trying to do this using rspec 2.2. I did as suggested on page 18, created the file autotest/.autotest/discover.rb and added the suggest line. Auto test still does not seem to pick up the fact the I am using rspec. I ran autotest -v and I see that autotest detects the changes to the file but the output indicates that it could not find any tests.
I have spent an hour or so with Google and have tried other things including creating ~/.autotest and adding the same lines. I have also tried setting RSPEC=true before running autotest. I also tried uninstalling ZenTest and installing autotest instead but I got the same results:
‘No tests matched …’ for the files in the tree.
OS X 10.6.5 ruby 1.8.7 (2009-06-12 patchlevel 174) [universal-darwin10.0] ZenTest (4.4.0) rspec (2.2.0)