small medium large xlarge

Profile_pic_pragsmall
05 Nov 2010, 11:18
Julian Gamble (34 posts)

Got some content work done - this chapter is looking good. Did some planning for a subsequent chapter.

Arinsimeheadshot_pragsmall
05 Nov 2010, 12:12
Arin Sime (4 posts)

Yesterday I did more “thinking” about writing than actual writing, so I made sure to get an early start today and I got some good writing started about decision trees in agile. I’ll write more tonight and that will make up for yesterday. This is my most substantive writing this week, so I’m starting to get the hang of this I think!

05 Nov 2010, 16:53
Diego Zamboni (69 posts)

I wrote my part early today, so I could take Friday night off. Wrote 1,252 words today, for a grand total after five days of 6,318 words!

Today’s stats: http://750words.com/entries/share/356522

Profile_sm_pragsmall
05 Nov 2010, 20:29
Scott Dunn (11 posts)

25 minutes, up to 3424 words and 8 pages. I’ve now bested my efforts the previous years… :-)

Dmfcb_pragsmall
06 Nov 2010, 00:13
David Copeland (480 posts)
> rake stats
(in /Users/davec/Projects/pragprowrimo)
     540    7473   46491

That’s about 1494 words/day!

I spent a bit of time re-organizing and moving stuff around. I wish I’d created an outline on day 1. Maybe not for everyone, but for me, a bit of structure goes a long way.

New_clothes_tilley_hat_v1_pragsmall
06 Nov 2010, 02:00
Bob Cochran (170 posts)

I just completed my day’s writing and it was not as exhilarating as yesterday’s, but I still have a clear idea of what my next few pages will say. I now have a few characters. They are all based on real people. There are two folks who are clearly going places in their programming careers, two people who are in trouble, and one person who is headed for trouble. I still feel there are many unknowns with this book. How do I write it? I’m feeling my way here. I need to start thinking exactly how I want the book to conclude. Maybe I can find time this weekend to play with a few possible outlines. Maybe I need to plan all the chapters in the book and think about them, while still achieving the 2 pages per day writing goal. I sort of like structure the way David does, but I like knowing what my book’s conclusion will be even more. Leon Uris wrote in one of his books that the aspiring writer has got to know how the book will end. I don’t know whether he is right or wrong – it makes sense for novels in progress, I think. What Uris wrote always stuck in my mind. So I imagine I need to know the general conclusion of the book. I believe I can guide myself into writing towards that conclusion. Maybe my path to the final chapter will be wandery, maybe it will be straight and narrow, but I hope to logically guide the reader to that conclusion.

Travis-tiy-sq_pragsmall
06 Nov 2010, 02:01
Travis Swicegood (117 posts)

Today was a mixed bag. Ended up writing this evening rather than this morning due to a late flight. First pomodoro rocked, second one took about 10 minutes to get into a groove, then really got cranking.

962    4540   30719 total

May still write a few more pomodoros, not sure. I’ll be sure to post an update if I do.

Untitled-1_pragsmall
06 Nov 2010, 06:31
Josh Carter (40 posts)

Done for the day (actually a little past the day and into next morning, but close enough). Didn’t get a lot of text down on account of working on some sample code, but decent sample code is often time-consuming.

Ume_bild_pragsmall
06 Nov 2010, 10:27
UlrichMerkel (23 posts)

As a late-starter (no early-bird more the last-man-standing-in-the-bar) I got my first pages today (1084 words); easy because it was just a “how I got into this situation”

Even if it is Nov-6 right now, I like to be on the fridays list.

Success, Uli

You must be logged in to comment