small medium large xlarge

Ume_bild_pragsmall
05 Nov 2010, 16:09
UlrichMerkel (23 posts)

Sorry for the late start, but I would like to write something about the use of Uniface (a 4GL provided by compuware.com). Already have some ideas and concepts and …, so the following questions are NOT how to write an article.

Can someone tell me (baby steps please) what needs to be done to benefit from this platform here (register the project, getting help, getting feedback)

Would like to give it a start over this weekend (rain, storm, … predicted for Frankfurt/Germany)

Success, Uli

Dsc00765_pragsmall
05 Nov 2010, 16:17
Susannah Davidson Pfalzer (114 posts)

Hi Uli,

Welcome! We’re pretty low ceremony here. The idea is to write (at least) 2 pages per day. Every day we have a new thread for the day where you can post that day’s progress. Every Friday we have a page count checkin, where you can talk about your progress, successes, and struggles for the week.

Ask questions anytime - come here for advice, ideas, and writing tips. You can also participate via Twitter @pragprowrimo.

Looking forward to hearing about your progress!

Ume_bild_pragsmall
05 Nov 2010, 16:32
UlrichMerkel (23 posts)

Thanks Susannah,

plan to start with some chatting to my “Dragon Naturaly Speeking” (in the english version)

On my mother’s tounge german, this tool helped me a lot just to get ideas to paper and throw away 90% smalltalk verbosity later on.

Comming from the COBOL “best practice”: - copy a program which does more then you need - delete what you do not need

I found it very refreshing to start with some 6 pages after 30 minutes of chat and then condense it to something meaningful.

So here I come (….. tomorrow)

Success, Uli

You must be logged in to comment