small medium large xlarge

Travis-tiy-sq_pragsmall
09 Nov 2010, 15:20
Travis Swicegood (117 posts)

Cool - I’m the first one to post today. I’ll kick it off with my latest #s:

1571    8397   55365 total

With the reformatting (i.e., enabling @latex_use_parts@ in Sphinx), my PDF page count is up to 67 pages. Of course, most of that’s formatting generated by Sphinx. In reality, it’s a touch over 21 8.5x11 pages of actual content and code examples. For a little over a week’s worth of work, I’ll take it. :-)

-T

Generic-user-small
09 Nov 2010, 17:45
Daniel de Kok (38 posts)

Today we modified the DocBook generation process to handle MathML, equations come out nicely in PDF and XHTML output.

We also added some more pages of material. We are now at 27 A4 pages.

Fredreillier1_pragsmall
09 Nov 2010, 18:50
Fred Reillier (4 posts)

6 200 words, 18 pages. So far, so good.

Most of the content is written quickly, without planning or editing, on 750words.com; and I avoid to read what I wrote the previous days, only the last few sentences.

The good surprise it that this procedure makes me write about topics I would not have included in a planned text. But for sure it’ll take a lot of time to edit and reorganize all this stuff (and to translate it into french, eventually).

Dmfcb_pragsmall
10 Nov 2010, 02:46
David Copeland (476 posts)

Almost didn’t get time today, but my super-awesome forgiving girlfriend made sure I had some time. Did 1800 words or so. I’m overall a bit under the 1700 words/day thing, but I’m closing in.

New_clothes_tilley_hat_v1_pragsmall
10 Nov 2010, 03:01
Bob Cochran (170 posts)

I did a little more than two pages today, about 2.6 pages, to help me make up the two pages I missed yesterday. Open Office Writer says I did 1489 words today. Tomorrow will be a challenge and I might miss my pages, but I can make up those on Thursday and Friday. Or maybe I will see if I can really do that sort of thing and succeed. I hope to finish tomorrow night’s writing work tomorrow night, on time, keeping myself self-disciplined and productive.

New_clothes_tilley_hat_v1_pragsmall
10 Nov 2010, 03:03
Bob Cochran (170 posts)

@David: can you explain what you mean about being “under the 1700 words/day thing…”? I thought we are supposed to do two pages a day, and two pages of text seems less than 1700 words. When I do my Friday check-in for this week I’ll have to look harder at my progress I think.

Ry2_pragsmall
10 Nov 2010, 03:17
Raymond Yee (47 posts)

I generally like to write in the morning but didn’t get a chance until late this evening. I’m pleased to report that I did write 600 words this last hour. Now I go to sleep with a deep sense of satisfaction from the discipline of writing every (or almost every) day this month.

Untitled-1_pragsmall
10 Nov 2010, 04:16
Josh Carter (40 posts)

Spent tonight on meta-writing – writing about writing my book. Separate topic to follow shortly…

10 Nov 2010, 05:59
Diego Zamboni (69 posts)

Today was an extremely busy day both at home (kids woke up at 6:30!) and work (back-to-back meetings all day), so I didn’t get to writing until after 11pm. Still, I managed to get my writing done before midnight, I got 1,017 words written, for a grand total of 10,247. Here are my stats for today: http://750words.com/entries/share/366040 . markdown2pdf gives me a 30-page PDF file, so about 3.3 pages per day so far. Not bad!

Curious that 750words says I’m feeling sad and thinking mostly about death. It’s a chapter about testing. I figure “testing” is being interpreted with its meaning of “ardous” or “challenging”, hence this interpretation: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/testing

Today I had to resist the tempation of converting everything from Markdown to ReST, just because Sphynx and ReST look very cool (thanks Travis for the pointer). Had to convince myself that this is about WRITING, and using ReST would mean learning ReST, when I already know Markdown. Reduce friction, keep writing.

Profile_sm_pragsmall
10 Nov 2010, 06:19
Scott Dunn (11 posts)

Missed my morning writing, too, but squeezed in another 500 words.

10 Nov 2010, 09:02
Edward Gibbs (15 posts)

Got in really late to writing, but dashed off another 600 words. Off to bed.

You must be logged in to comment