small medium large xlarge

New_clothes_tilley_hat_v1_pragsmall
12 Nov 2010, 03:56
Bob Cochran (170 posts)

I’ll update this again when I actually sit down and finish today’s pages plus 0.5 page for Monday…I did, read on, fellow writers…

10:46 p.m.: I did finish today’s writing commitment, and I have finally made up for not writing at all on Monday by writing an extra 0.5 pages. So today’s output is 2.5 pages. I am surprised that I got this much done! I think some of what I am writing about is anger at how software development is really done within large enterprises, and for the last few days I have been asking myself the question: how much sense am I making, in terms of the theme of the book and what I would like the final chapters to say? I need to sit down over the weekend and listen to that nagging little voice and read through all my current work to see how sensible I really am.

But the worry over what to say next and then the sitting down and actually continuing with what I want to say in the book (even if it is not well said at first, in the initial draft) and the thinking about it is all making me a better writer I think, and pounding me into some kind of a metal.

Raymond: good luck with your writing this weekend, too. I think you can!

Tomorrow is a “getaway adventure” for me, I will go off somewhere on my own for a day of fun. But I will make myself sit down at some point and continue my writing. That is what PragProWriMo is all about. I hope I will continue to write, anyhow!

Ry2_pragsmall
11 Nov 2010, 16:05
Raymond Yee (47 posts)

Bob: good luck on writing today and this weekend.

I did get an early start today in writing but got only 300 words written this morning. I hope to write more later today.

Travis-tiy-sq_pragsmall
11 Nov 2010, 16:21
Travis Swicegood (117 posts)

Got my two pomodoros in. Felt a lot slower today because I had a big chunk of example code I had to write from scratch. Still managed 800 words, but I’m kinda surprised by it.

1909   10268   68637 total
Generic-user-small
11 Nov 2010, 18:12
Daniel de Kok (38 posts)

One week after starting Knee deep in monads 38 A4 pages Some proudness

http://nlpwp.org/

12 Nov 2010, 04:20
Diego Zamboni (69 posts)

Today, I wrote in a bus. I am on a business trip and was completely swamped all day, but now on the bus back home (which has onboard WiFi) I finished today’s writing. Stats: http://750words.com/entries/share/368160

So tired. Must sleep.

Ume_bild_pragsmall
12 Nov 2010, 05:46
UlrichMerkel (23 posts)

Just introduced in my book an “alter ego” to allow dialoges (like the famous “O grasshopper …” with David Carradine). As the ancient greek philosophers raised their wisdom with questions, answers and illustrating stories (fables). Writing a book as a monologue is like the clapping of a single hand.

6:30 am, time to see my employer: Not so many new words, but more potential to express what’s already in my mind.

Have a good day, Uli

Untitled-1_pragsmall
12 Nov 2010, 05:29
Josh Carter (40 posts)

Not my most fabulous day for writing. Got some text down, but not a lot. Pretty low on energy.

Profile_sm_pragsmall
12 Nov 2010, 07:09
Scott Dunn (11 posts)

Missed my morning due to other commitments, but got it in tonight. Have to make up for Wed at client. Next week will be tough with 4 days at client. 17 pp, 6450.

12 Nov 2010, 08:04
Edward Gibbs (15 posts)

Got down another 500 words. 3730 now after 5 days.

Ry2_pragsmall
12 Nov 2010, 20:10
Raymond Yee (47 posts)

Josh: keep going, even if you are pretty low on energy. Don’t give up. :-)

Generic-user-small
12 Nov 2010, 20:51
Sean McMillan (4 posts)

I’m putting this on hold. Too many other obligations. I will pick up the pen again and finish though.. just not right now.

You must be logged in to comment