Daniel de Kok (38 posts)

We are now at 50 A4 pages.

Current version: http://nlpwp.org/

Travis-tiy-sq_pragsmall
14 Nov 2010, 18:07
Travis Swicegood (117 posts)

Today’s numbers:

2243   12106   80891 total

Went down a code rabbit hole and ended up trying to figure out what was going wrong rather than writing. Since I’m actually writing the examples as I get to them in the book they’ve proven time consuming. I like the result though, rather than having code that feels like it was a complete project that was retrofitted, I’m ended up with code that’s organically taking shape in the book. When I’m done, I plan on going through the book and committing each step for my companion code/git repository.

-T

Dmfcb_pragsmall
14 Nov 2010, 19:36
David Copeland (439 posts)

I’ve seriously slacked off the past few days and trying to make up for it. Spent about a couple hours today and did 2000 words. Will do more tonight. Can’t believe it’s almost halfway over!

14 Nov 2010, 22:05
Diego Zamboni (69 posts)

I wrote 912 words today, for a grand total of 15,300, and 45 pages.

Slowly, I have evolved a firmer idea of how I want the book to look, but I’m still having trouble with the flow. So far my different pieces are still feeling disconnected, and I think I’ll have to go back and retrofit the complete “story” once I have more material, so that it feels more coherent.

Today’s stats: http://750words.com/entries/share/374518

[I find 750words’ feelings and emotions stats quite funny. Today’s entry says I am feeling mostly upset. I’ve had a headache all day and I think I’m coming down with something, but I didn’t think that trascended into my writing :) ]

Profile_pic_pragsmall
15 Nov 2010, 02:25
Julian Gamble (34 posts)

Been away - caught up today with some content work.

Dmfcb_pragsmall
15 Nov 2010, 02:40
David Copeland (439 posts)

Worked on it some more after dinner:

> rake stats
(in /Users/davec/Projects/pragprowrimo)
    1796   18956  125369

About 1300 words/day, after missing 4 days in a row. Not too bad. I might finish after all!

New_clothes_tilley_hat_v1_pragsmall
15 Nov 2010, 02:48
Bob Cochran (170 posts)

I just finished today’s work. I’m standing at a total of 17,227 words and I’m not sure how many pages. I’m loosely tracking the word counts that OpenOffice reports. I think yesterday Raymond mentioned he knows of a company that uses hexagonally shaped workstations and I find this very interesting. If I decide to make a real book proposal out of my current writing work, I want to do some real research into working environments and their effect on productivity. Some day soon I’m going back to the Shenandoah, this time with my laptop, and see if I can write prose that is as divine as the stunning views of Browntown.

Untitled-1_pragsmall
15 Nov 2010, 04:44
Josh Carter (40 posts)

Got tonight’s writing done (finished a section, always a good feeling) and still have enough time for a little StarCraft before bed. Life is good. :)

15 Nov 2010, 05:28
Edward Gibbs (15 posts)

Got in another 750 or so words. Grand total of 5267 words now. Book concept is evolving to a much narrower topic than it started out.

You must be logged in to comment