small medium large xlarge

New_clothes_tilley_hat_v1_pragsmall
21 Nov 2010, 03:24
Bob Cochran (170 posts)

I have not yet completed yesterday’s pages. I missed last night entirely. So today I want to start reviewing all my work, then start catching up with yesterday’s and today’s writing. I have printed all my pages and put them in a 3-ring binder.

Note to myself: use a wide left margin to accommodate 3-hole punches and put the chapter number and page number on the right side of the document footer of each page so it is easy to riffle through the pages from the bottom right corner.

Late at night: I’m still reviewing the book to date. I’m glad of the chance to do it. I see a lot of weak areas that can be fixed through rewriting. I think I have a book in the making. Tomorrow, I will try to make up 4 missing pages, for Friday and today, plus complete Sunday’s pages.

Generic-user-small
20 Nov 2010, 21:29
Daniel de Kok (38 posts)

65 pages. Started a new chapter on classification and machine learning.

Travis-tiy-sq_pragsmall
20 Nov 2010, 21:46
Travis Swicegood (117 posts)

Darn. I thought I might get to start the topic today. Looks like I drug my feet too much. :-)

Today’s #s (which almost make me want to cheat and add another sentence):

2920   15999  107661 total

Coming along quite nicely. I seem to have gotten into a pattern where the first pomodoro isn’t super productive, but the second one rocks. Actually, it’s not that the first one is not productive, it’s that I spend a lot of it on code rather than words around it.

-T

Dmfcb_pragsmall
20 Nov 2010, 21:50
David Copeland (481 posts)

Went fast today, and stopping just to not go overboard.

> rake stats
(in /Users/davec/Projects/pragprowrimo)
25848 words
1292 words/day
117 pages
Generic-user-small
21 Nov 2010, 01:16
Larry Jones (89 posts)

I tried writing code and text for the first time today.

It is much, much harder than simply writing text and takes much longer.

Any pointers on how to better manage these two activities?

Lines, words, bytes for today: 153 1141 7120

21 Nov 2010, 02:48
Diego Zamboni (69 posts)

My stats for today, 924 words: http://750words.com/entries/share/388301

I’m writing a technical chapter in which I’m explaining code, and I have a good idea of what I want to say, but I’m not satisfied with how I’m saying it. I’m intentionally trying not to edit what I write, but at least I’m getting the main idea down on paper, and that’s what this month is about, right? :)

You must be logged in to comment