small medium large xlarge

Travis-tiy-sq_pragsmall
23 Nov 2010, 04:33
Travis Swicegood (117 posts)

Hey guys;

I know a bunch of you are planning on keeping this up and finishing your book. I also know a bunch seemed to have dropped off since the initial week. I’m curious how many want to keep this going. Make it a monthly challenge to write every day of the month. Currently I’m on a 19 day streak with only one day this month missing from having a perfect month. My plan is to ace December.

At this point, I’ve got writing into my habit that it feels weird to start a day without it. I’m curious how many other people are interested in keeping these daily updates up after the 30th? Maybe we can start anew with counts on December 1st and anyone else who wants to join in (or try again if November didn’t go as planned) can get in with a clean slate.

If we do continue, do we keep updates here or try to get another place setup? Should we just lobby for PragProWriMo to be a monthly deal? :-)

Much like Diego mentioned having 750words.com to help him along, the act of posting here each day has been a huge boost to my productivity. It’s one thing to have an editor that’s disappointed when I miss a bit of writing (love ya, Susannah!) :-) but it’s a whole other thing when it’s everyone that sees that misstep. hehe - I probably should say that or Susannah’s gonna make me start publishing daily status updates on book forums for any future books/revisions I write. :-)

Thoughts? Other suggestions?

-T

Generic-user-small
23 Nov 2010, 04:42
Larry Jones (89 posts)

+1 for me since I did not start until mid-November.

It helps me to keep on track and prevents me from making mistakes others have already made :)

Have a great day!

23 Nov 2010, 06:03
Diego Zamboni (69 posts)

I definitely plan on continuing. I have already signed up for the December challenge on 750words.com, to keep myself going. Posting here has also been a huge help - I find myself checking the forum several times a day just to see what others are posting, and look forward to finishing my writing for the day so I can post my updates as well.

I do, however, see my writing diverging after the 30th: on one hand I want to polish a writing sample and put together the rest of the material needed for a PragProg book proposal, but this will be a lot of editing (and some new material) of some part of what I wrote during this month. On the other hand, and for 750words I will probably switch to more general themes - maybe some days I will write text for my book, maybe some others a draft for a blog entry, or on others thoughts as if on a journal.

Having said that, I would love to have a place (this same forum?) where I can continue posting updates of my work on the book.

Ry2_pragsmall
23 Nov 2010, 15:39
Raymond Yee (47 posts)

I’d like to be part of a group that is continuing to write after Nov 30. I’ve settled into a routine in which I write most days (but not every day), a discipline I think that I’ll be able to maintain. It will help a lot to be part of a group though!

Dsc00765_pragsmall
26 Nov 2010, 14:46
Susannah Davidson Pfalzer (114 posts)

Happy to keep this forum up for a while after Nov. 30th for those who would like to continue writing and posting!

You must be logged in to comment