small medium large xlarge

Travis-tiy-sq_pragsmall
24 Nov 2010, 17:47
Travis Swicegood (117 posts)

Starting to get a bit quieter in here. Guess its the holidays and such.

Today’s #s for me:

3415   19101  127556 total

Feel pretty good about that – there was a lot of code reading and exploration happening today to get that material down. Really starting to like where I’m at.

-T

24 Nov 2010, 22:48
Diego Zamboni (69 posts)

I made some time to write during the day, since today is my wedding anniversary and I’m taking the night off :)

I wrote 796 words today, here are the stats: http://750words.com/entries/share/395001

It really is much quieter around here these days. I guess everyone (from the U.S. at least) is already out on vacation.

Dmfcb_pragsmall
25 Nov 2010, 01:53
David Copeland (481 posts)

Not sure if I’ll have time tomorrow, but made some more progress today. This is the hard part, because it’s stuff that I don’t exactly know how to do; had to learn how to package a RubyGem as an RPM for this. Tomorrow I’ll be learning aruba to testing command line interfaces (I hope!)

> rake stats
(in /Users/davec/Projects/pragprowrimo)
33469 words
1394 words/day
152 pages
Aucouturier_copy_pragsmall
25 Nov 2010, 03:57
Jean-Julien Aucouturier (5 posts)

Little short of 12,000 words total, with 680 words today. This seems to have become a natural pace for me - I always fall short of 750 words with one 25mn pomodoro, but I don’t force it. I always stop with more to write, and resume easily the next day, where I left it at, with just a couple of minutes of backtracking for context. I enjoy this, even if this is still a long way from a complete volume. It’s become my way to start the day at work. Like many of you here, I think I will try to sustain the habit after November 30th.

I write with no planning at all. New topics come up, I follow the track for a few days, and when they naturally seem to wrap up, I skip section to a new topic. I wonder if this will go on linearly, until I simply bump into the “done, nothing more to say” wall; or if I will need a second pass, reorganizing, furthering each section already written. Very different from the kind of academic writing I’m used to, which usually involves strict and very conventional chaptering. Again, I am truly enjoying all this, down to using the same exact soundtrack everyday (spotify:album:1bG2Y1Q0xpew4QpXllEax0).

Happy thanksgiving to all who celebrate it today (not our case here in Tokyo).

-JJ

Untitled-1_pragsmall
25 Nov 2010, 06:15
Josh Carter (40 posts)

Didn’t have a brilliant evening of writing – I got too late of a start – but I got some words down regardless. Working on a section about recognizing and managing stress. Not the easiest section to write, in part because I’m terrible about stress management myself.

Generic-user-small
25 Nov 2010, 15:32
Larry Jones (89 posts)

I did not get any work done yesterday.

If I miss a day, do y’all think its better to try for twice the work the next day or simply to focus on establishing the regular habit of writing?

You must be logged in to comment