small medium large xlarge

Generic-user-small
08 Nov 2007, 00:34
Christopher Rose (2 posts)

My hard copy of the Second Edition is missing pages 57-88, though I see I have two copies of pages 25-56. Anyone else have this problem? Or maybe the opposite problem? If so, maybe we could arrange a swap?

-C

Generic-user-small
08 Nov 2007, 14:47
Christopher Rose (2 posts)

Wow, let me just say, I got a reply from support@ within just an hour or two of my email to them, and they turned around a replacement volume (the order, at least) within a 12-hour cycle. And a response from Dave Thomas personally.

Thanks, Dave! I sincerely appreciate the generous and rapid handling of my issue.

Generic-user-small
17 Nov 2007, 18:42
Benedikt Müller (1 post)

I have the same problem Christopher has. I ordered the book at Amazon, received it last week and really enjoyed the first 56 pages! But just now I noticed, that after the data discussion concerning Depot my book starts with Iteration B2!? I could surely send back the book to Amazon an get a new copy but I really would like to read on NOW ;-) (I’m from Germany and waited for delivery about a week …) Perhaps it’s possible to get the PDF version? That would enable me to bypass the missing pages in the book.

Best regards, Benedikt

Generic-user-small
18 Nov 2007, 15:41
David Ginn (2 posts)

I too have the exact same problem. I ordered the book a few months ago and just recently got the opportunity to start reading it. Is there any way to get a replacement? My book was also ordered from Amazon.

Thanks! Dave Ginn

Generic-user-small
10 Dec 2007, 19:53
Mick Olinik (2 posts)

I too have the same problem, though I purchased my book from Barnes and Noble in Greenville, NC. I am missing pages 57-89, and have duplicate copies of pages 25-56. Can I get a fresh copy? I would be most happy to return my flawed version.

Best regards, Mick Olinik

Generic-user-small
11 Dec 2007, 18:24
Mick Olinik (2 posts)

Like Christopher, I got a reply within an hour from Dave and just really appreciated the speed and attentiveness. Thanks a lot, Dave!

Generic-user-small
25 Jan 2008, 20:54
David Ginn (2 posts)

I have yet to hear anything regarding this matter. Is there an option to send my book in for a corrected copy or am I just stuck with this one?

Dave_gnome_head_isolated_pragsmall
06 Aug 2008, 03:00
Dave Thomas (390 posts)

David:

Support don’t monitor the forums: send them an email with your details and they’ll sort it out.

You must be logged in to comment