small medium large xlarge

Generic-user-small
12 Jan 2008, 03:53
iknownothing (2 posts)

Hi I’m quite new for ruby, and I’m using Fedora 8 and ruby 1.8.6 and rails 2.0.2. Though I read some issues and think will be a bit tricky i still try to follow the book with all these new version. 1. I have to install the scaffolding and paginate one step before calling them, I installed them @very first twice and everything messed up.

1. I have to install will_paginate not classic_piganation or the program messed up.

2. after I created depot dir, edited the database.yml, created db, created the model and the controller, did the db:migrate,and run into a ActionController::InvalidAuthenticityToken in AdminController#create in webrick. why is that?

thanks advance!

Generic-user-small
12 Jan 2008, 04:30
iknownothing (2 posts)

sorry for bothering you guys, after reading all the threads (mostly) I found a useful one who had same problem http://forums.pragprog.com/forums/50/topics/168 and the guy figured it out. great! I really should work on my own like him… flush…

although I still curious about the sequence of install plugins.

Thm_0888_pragsmall
18 Jan 2008, 09:41
Simon Krollpfeifer (7 posts)

You’re in the same boat as me. I wouldn’t use rails 2.0.2. Try reroll your rails version to 1.2.6 or 1.2.5

To do so, type: ~~~ sudo gem uninstall –version=2.0.2 rails ~~~

After that, check your railsversion with ~~~ rails -v ~~~

After downgrading your rails, delete your depot folder and start fresh from scratch.

You must be logged in to comment