small medium large xlarge

Generic-user-small
26 May 2008, 20:43
MarkInDC (1 post)

I issued the “gem update rails… command and got the following error message. Would someone please give me some helpful hints? Thanks!

my-macbook:~ username$ gem update rails –include dependencies Updating installed gems… Bulk updating Gem source index for: http://gems.rubyforge.org Attempting remote update of dependencies INFO: gem install -y is now default and will be removed INFO: use –ignore-dependencies to install only the gems you list ERROR: could not find dependencies locally or in a repository Attempting remote update of rails INFO: gem install -y is now default and will be removed INFO: use –ignore-dependencies to install only the gems you list ERROR: While executing gem … (Gem::FilePermissionError) You don’t have write permissions into the /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8 directory. my-macbook:~ username$ gem update rails –include-dependencies Updating installed gems… Attempting remote update of rails INFO: gem install -y is now default and will be removed INFO: use –ignore-dependencies to install only the gems you list ERROR: While executing gem … (Gem::FilePermissionError) You don’t have write permissions into the /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8 directory.

Samr_small_pragsmall
26 May 2008, 21:02
Sam Ruby (634 posts)

Try:

gem update rails
You must be logged in to comment