small medium large xlarge

Dsc00765_pragsmall
01 Nov 2011, 13:47
Susannah Davidson Pfalzer (114 posts)

It’s November 1! Starting today, make some time to write every day. The goal is to write two pages a day during this month. Every Friday, we’ll have a page count check-in, where you can post your page count for the week. But don’t wait till Friday – post here about your progress every day, ask questions, and chat with your fellow writers. Each day, please start a new thread with the date on it, so the posts get organized day-by-day.

We’ll be standing by to answer your questions, offer writing advice, and help you get a great head start on your future book.

As a start, how about introducing yourselves, telling the group what you’re working on, and what your plans are for this month.

Can’t wait to see how your ideas start shaping up into books!

Cheers, Susannah

Luis_pragsmall
02 Nov 2011, 15:22
Luis Felipe Strano Moraes (1 post)

Hey guys, I’m going to be (attempting) to participate this year. My idea is to write a book about the Enlightenment libraries (EFL). I still haven’t started writing the book, but I’ve already started outlining the book and hope to get started on at least the introduction section today.

One thing I’d really like to know is what is the document format used by PragProg to publish your books, I found some mentions on the site that there is a setup used but no info on what exactly it is. I’m using noweb on my book, which seemed to be quite good in order to have an easy way of mixing code and text, and always having the code compilable.

Dsc00765_pragsmall
03 Nov 2011, 13:26
Susannah Davidson Pfalzer (114 posts)

Hi Luis, thanks for checking - we use a variant of XML. We then generate PDFs from the XML markup.

Best of luck with your EFL idea and looking forward to hearing about your progress on it this month!

Cheers, Susannah

You must be logged in to comment