small medium large xlarge

Profile_pic_pragsmall
06 Nov 2011, 10:11
Julian Gamble (34 posts)

Today was a day to flesh out some the skeletons of some new ideas, and think through some things I’d been blocked on before. Was a good day.

Csem_28568_pragsmall
06 Nov 2011, 21:57
David Lindelöf (14 posts)

Just north of 600 words hammered out today. Much lower than my average, but in parallel I was testing the code I was discussing so I guess that was normal.

Sometimes I don’t really know what it is I’m going to write about, but ideas have never failed to come once I sat down. Has anyone else experienced this?

06 Nov 2011, 22:09
Greg Cerveny (33 posts)

I’m hitting a technical wall on what I can write about. This is what happens when you choose to write about a subject you’re not already an expert on. I’ve got a plan to beef up the skills and some ideas on some code I can write to continue this. I need sessions to do hacking and demos as much as I need time set aside to writing.

In light of this and Swaine’s post about telling stories, I used my time today to crank out 1,063 words on small stories. Being that I’m writing about audio programming, I delved into my years of experience with music equipment and bands.

It’s strange, little stories I thought would have no connection, once I put them on paper, they really became evident where they would lead as good frameworks to hang certain chapters on.

07 Nov 2011, 06:20
Edward Gibbs (15 posts)

526 words today, 3043 total. Digging deeper into code and details.

You must be logged in to comment