small medium large xlarge

Profile_pic_pragsmall
09 Nov 2011, 12:06
Julian Gamble (34 posts)

Good day to churn out some prose. Had another look at the wc function and realised I was using it wrong. Disappointed in myself but a good learning experience.

Reinout_nens_medium_pragsmall
09 Nov 2011, 15:56
Reinout van Rees (4 posts)

I got my book proposal’s sample chapter fully into PML yesterday. This was a big chunk of work. Worked later than I should have, but I wanted to finish it.

It feels great to see my content in the pragprog book layout :-)

Before yesterday’s big chunk, I got little bits done almost every day. It helps to have a relatively mechanical task, it is easy to do the work in small chunks.

B95c7e30d099394b0eb9978850a300c8_pragsmall
09 Nov 2011, 20:57
Mathias Meyer (17 posts)

Got to crank out around 2300 words today. Those NoSQL databases (which I’m writing about) are a feature-rich bunch.

10 Nov 2011, 01:30
Greg Cerveny (33 posts)

Added another 777 words today.

I ran a little short on time today. I had done 2 pomodoros of code and 2 pomodoros of writing. Today I had only room for 3, so I did writing pom, coding pom, then another writing pom. It turned out to work pretty well.

By writing first, I realized some things I needed to change in the code. Then coding, I realized some things I missed in my first pass of writing. I might try to interleave the writing and coding sessions again tomorrow.

At some point I’ll need to create some graphics and diagrams… It requires lots of pomodoros to write a book.

You must be logged in to comment