small medium large xlarge

Profile_pic_pragsmall
25 Nov 2011, 11:59
Julian Gamble (34 posts)

I hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving!

It’s Friday! Time to post our word counts for the week and overall.

This week wc -w gives: 4211 words.

Which overall for November wc -w gives: 9867 words. Not bad.

Dsc00765_pragsmall
25 Nov 2011, 16:28
Susannah Davidson Pfalzer (114 posts)

Ditto on the Thanksgiving wishes - happy turkey week! Julian, thank you for getting the ball rolling with the word count checkin. How’s everyone doing? Word count so far?

Can you believe, this is our last Friday checkin, with just five more days of PragProWriMo to go. Now is the time to start thinking about what you’ll do with all that fabulous writing you’ve been working on this month. If you’re interested in submitting a book proposal to us, please have a look at our proposal guidelines at pragprog.com/write-for-us. We’d love to see what you’ve been working on.

Cheers, Susannah

1244_g3681-ps__square - 1x1 - skype - vg - 200pix_pragsmall
25 Nov 2011, 18:21
Paul Pladijs (24 posts)

Today, I’m taking it easy and stick to reading other material and writing down ideas and code examples. My month total is now 15150 words. Keeping in mind that two pages mean 600 words and 25 days of writing: I manage to get the proposed target so far.

I still need to write the core chapters of my book. Currently I’m still collecting material. In December I just continue writing till I have two or more core chapter ready for proposal. It would be a dream for me to get my book on Prag Prog. I’ll keep on working to get a great book.

B95c7e30d099394b0eb9978850a300c8_pragsmall
25 Nov 2011, 21:17
Mathias Meyer (17 posts)

Added some 1000 words today, bringing this chapter closer to the finish.

Brings the total this week to almost 10000 words, and to 23000 words for November so far, the entire book is now at 57500 words. Goes to show how effective this week’s sprint was.

Just looked at the page to write for the pragprogs and the latest newsletter, and it seems like one of my competing book is due to come out as beta next, though it looks to be a lot more high lever than mine, which in turn is going to be much more in-depth. Better get my own beta ready soon! ;)

26 Nov 2011, 02:05
Greg Cerveny (33 posts)

I added 584 words today. I’ve got a total count in my PragPro directory of 22877, but there’s a lot of notes and rewrites in there.

You must be logged in to comment