small medium large xlarge

02 Feb 2013, 22:24
Paxton Sanders (1 post)

I’m enjoying it. I come from a C++/OpenGL 1.2 background, so this is exciting.

My question is non-technical. Do you have, and if so can you share, your schedule for completing the remaining chapters?

Thank you.

03 Feb 2013, 12:38
Kevin Brothaler (41 posts)

Thanks, glad you are liking it so far. :) We are aiming for around two weeks per chapter, and the “Lighting” chapter was just completed so a new beta should be arriving soon.

23 Feb 2013, 14:15
Vitaliy Schreibmann (1 post)

Thx there are no good books about OpenGL ES 2.0 and one book was canceled one month ago.

Your writing style is really god it´s entertaining. Thanks a lot for your afford.

23 Feb 2013, 23:02

Thank you, Vitaliy! I appreciate the kind feedback.

25 Feb 2013, 14:53
Theodor Borgman (3 posts)

I also love this book. It is by far the best book on the subject.

one note. it might be to early at that point. But when you explain how to draw the triangles, it would be good if there was an explanation that you normally draw counter clockwise. Any explanation would not need to go very deep but this is a trap readers new to OpenGL will fall in if they try to do things to test early on.

Thanks for the time put in to it! Will recommend this book to anyone who wants to learn.

// Theo

25 Feb 2013, 17:14

Thanks, Theodor! Good point about the triangle winding; the book currently introduces this at a late chapter, but I think it would be a good idea to have a forward ref earlier on. I’ll add this to the list. :)

14 Dec 2014, 22:29
Fred Koehler (1 post)

I got interested again in OpenGL after seeing Google’s Cardboard project. I had trouble understanding the Cardboard sample app source code so I purchased your book. I found your book to be of great help in understanding the principles and the Cardboard sample app now makes sense to me.

05 Jan 2015, 15:39

Hi Fred,

I’m glad that the book helped out! :)

21 May 2015, 07:53
JR Tan (1 post)

I’ve been struggling for a few days to even get started in OpenGL ES for Android. I look through the official tutorial and read a couple of tutorials online, but I still couldn’t understand some of the basic concepts like why do we need a chunk of code to allocate memory, what is shader, what is the meaning of the lengthy code in the OpenGL demo for drawing a square.

I just want to say thanks for writing this book, it’s easy to follow and explain almost everything I’m don’t understand in the basic demo without assuming I already knew it, it helps to clear up many things. I also like the writing style!

<| ̄∀ ̄✿|/ Thanks Kevin!

22 May 2015, 16:13

Hi JR,

Thank you, that is much appreciated. :) I’m glad that the book has been helping you out.

You must be logged in to comment