28 Dec 2013, 00:04
Generic-user-small

RAVI KIRAN CHEBOLU (4 posts)

The CppUTest Setup did not work as expected. The following error occurred while executing ./configure step.

configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs. If you meant to cross compile, use --host'. See config.log’ for more details. Post this to forums for answers

Stackoverflow does not show any conclusive solution to solve for CppUTest. Any advise ?

11 Sep 2014, 12:51
Generic-user-small

Arnd R.Strube (88 posts)

What C compilers have you installed on your system? Which compiler are you using for use with CppUTest?

The error seems to indicate that ./configure picks up a C compiler such as GCC for Arm, which produces a binary not runnable in the host system.

P.S. I see you posted this a long time ago. Let me know if it is still relevant.

26 Oct 2014, 14:45
Generic-user-small

andrey goverdovskiy (3 posts)

Having the same issue here. I’m trying to compile CppUTest with GCC on Cygwin64 running on Windows 7 x64.

27 Oct 2014, 15:54
Generic-user-small

Arnd R.Strube (88 posts)

This is very little information to go by. But, off the top of my head, I am wondering whether you started the build process out of a Cygwin shell?

You should (/cygwin.bat).

P.S. I am doing the entire book - including the GoogleTest parts - with CppUTest. Currently in Chapter 6.

28 Oct 2014, 07:30
Generic-user-small

Arnd R.Strube (88 posts)

The CppUTest Google group would also be a good place to seek help for your CppUTest setup/

You must be logged in to comment