09 Jul 2014, 22:18
Generic-user-small

Thomas Koon (13 posts)

Is there a way to recreate ICE in Eclipse by just installing all the libraries ICE uses into Eclipse?

10 Jul 2014, 20:10
Chris_strom_headshot_200_pragsmall

Chris Strom (118 posts)

I do not have much experience with Eclipse. My guess is that the short answer would be “no” and that the long answer would be “maybe, but it would be really, really hard.”

A simpler possibility might be to bundle it as a plugin for Brackets, which is like Eclipse, but has tight Chrome integration. But someone would have to help with that :D

20 Jul 2014, 19:18
Generic-user-small

Thomas Koon (13 posts)

Ok thx :D

11 Aug 2014, 03:44
Joshuas logo_pragsmall

Atliss Budder (3 posts)

Just wondering, (this has nothing to do with ICE ELIPSE) how would i get my code on tumblr now? it does not seem to be working…

CODE:

// This is what sees the stuff: var aspect_ratio = 400/300; var camera = new THREE.PerspectiveCamera(75, aspect_ratio, 1, 10000); camera.position.z = 500; scene.add(camera);

// This will draw what the camera sees onto the screen: var renderer = new THREE.WebGLRenderer(); renderer.setSize(400, 300); document.body.appendChild(renderer.domElement);

// **** START CODING ON THE NEXT LINE ****

var shape = new THREE.CylinderGeometry(30, 50, 100); var cover = new THREE.MeshPhongMaterial(); cover.color.setRGB(1, 0, 0); var tube = new THREE.Mesh(shape, cover); scene.add(tube);

var sunlight = new THREE.DirectionalLight(); sunlight.intensity = 1; sunlight.position.set(100, 100, 100); scene.add(sunlight);

var sunlight = new THREE.DirectionalLight(); sunlight.intensity = 0.5; sunlight.position.set(200, 200, 200); scene.add(sunlight);

// Now, show what the camera sees on the screen: renderer.render(scene, camera); </script>

11 Aug 2014, 22:58
Chris_strom_headshot_200_pragsmall

Chris Strom (118 posts)

Do the instructions in the last chapter no longer work? What happens if you try to follow them? Does Tumblr give you an error? Is there an error in the JavaScript Console?

The forum software here prevented your code from pasting properly. Can you try again – either using ICE’s share option or pasting the entire contents directly in your reply (be sure to put the three tildes above and below):

~~~
  // You would paste your code here...
 ~~~

For the future, it’s best to start a new topic for new questions – makes it easier for others to find answers.

-Chris

05 Sep 2014, 23:30
Generic-user-small

Thomas Koon (13 posts)

turns out java and js are different things -_-

You must be logged in to comment