small medium large xlarge

Generic-user-small
14 Mar 2016, 17:32
Thiago Rossi (7 posts)

I would like to buy this book but looking the date of release (2015-04-03) I wonder: should I wait for a new book or buy this edition?

Does anyone have an idea? What do you recommend?

Thank you!

Photo_17_pragsmall
14 Mar 2016, 18:15
Paolo Perrotta (52 posts)

Hey, Thiago. Being the author, I’m biased - but I can say that if I were to publish the book today, it would be the same text. In fact, I expect this content to stay relevant for many years to come.

The Rails chapters are an exception. They might get out of synch with the latest versions of Rails, and I bet they did already - but that’s OK, because the point of those chapters is to use Rails as an example, not to teach you what the current Rails source code is like.

I will probably submit the changes for a new printing soon, but (1) the ebook will be updated for free, and (2) the changes are going to be minimal - just a few errata fixes. So I’d say, don’t hold your breath for a new edition. It might never happen. :)

Generic-user-small
19 Mar 2016, 15:16
Thiago Rossi (7 posts)

Thanks Paolo. I didn’t know about the free updates for the ebook. I thought it stopped after it goes for print. I will buy it! Thanks for making the book too!

You must be logged in to comment