05 Jul 2014, 17:25
Generic-user-small

Mike Salisbury (2 posts)

I’m working on LavaVision in chapter 6. Mostly it works fine (iterator works, setType(LAVA) works, playSound works). However, I’m not getting any effects from the me.playEffect function. I’ve played with various parameters and can’t figure out what’s going wrong. Any hints or thoughts would be appreciated.

07 Jul 2014, 18:13
Andy-talking_pragsmall

Andrew Hunt (210 posts)

Well tells us what’s happening: are you getting any errors messages or warnings from the compile or at runtime in the MInecraft console? What does your code look like? What parameters have you tried?

/\ndy

11 Jul 2014, 07:13
Generic-user-small

Mike Salisbury (2 posts)

Not getting any error messages or warnings. Code is exactly as downloaded. Tried fiddling with the effect enum, but I never get anything to show up. I’ve tried adding a fourth parameter (data), but it complains that it’s not the right type (because it’s not expecting any data I presume).

Mostly I’m wondering if the code as downloaded works for others. I know it’s close for us because the iterator eventually gets to the first non-AIR block and correctly sets its type – it just doesn’t do anything visible to the blocks along the way.

11 Jul 2014, 13:43
Andy-talking_pragsmall

Andrew Hunt (210 posts)

What version of the bukkit API are you using? PC or Mac?

/\ndy

You must be logged in to comment