small medium large xlarge

Generic-user-small
26 Feb 2017, 22:38
Timothy Rowe (1 post)

In chapter 4, the box on dependency management part 2, we (supposedly) finish setting up pom.xml and the text says “From now on, when we want to build our projects and run our tests, we’ll use Maven: mvn clean test”

I’d already put the feature file in the features directory, but when I execute mvn clean test it doesn’t seem to find the feature file. It says it’s skipping the non-existent resource directory src/test/resources, which looks like a likely place for the feature file, but putting it in there doesn’t seem to do anything either (I’m expecting get a list of the steps I need to define).

How do I tell Maven where to look for the feature files? (And the step definition files - I bet that will be the next problem I have)?

Generic-user-small
27 Feb 2017, 18:41
Seb Rose (12 posts)

Hi Timothy,

Have you had a look at the source code for the book (https://pragprog.com/titles/srjcuc/source_code)?

Can you see any obvious differences between your POM or project structure and the sample code in the zip file?

If the problem persists could you share your POM (maybe as a Gist) and describe your overall folder structure.

Thanks Seb

You must be logged in to comment