small medium large xlarge

Maik_schmidt_avatar2_pragsmall
15 Oct 2014, 05:12
Maik Schmidt (121 posts)

When I wrote the first edition of “Arduino: A Quick-Start Guide” I knew the Arduino was going to be a big thing, but I had no idea how big it would become. Since then people have used the Arduino in countless projects to improve their lives or to simply have fun.

Although the Arduino team tried to stay as backwards-compatible as possible, a lot of things have changed over the last years. Several new Arduino boards have been released and a lot of new libraries have been published. In addition the Internet of Things became real and modern web browsers such as Google Chrome support serial communication with embedded devices natively.

After three years It was necessary to update the book’s content, so you can benefit from the latest advances in both hardware and software. The new edition covers the latest versions of the Arduino platform and it also connects the Arduino to the web where possible and appropriate.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please, post them to this forum, so other readers can benefit from our discussion.

Best, Maik

Generic-user-small
03 Mar 2017, 18:38
Tom Murphy (1 post)

The code in the msard2 file for the distance and temperature sensor dashboard doesn’t seem to work. When Chrome tries to run the code I get an error, chrome.Event() is not a constructor , line 23 in the serial_device.js code. Here’s an [image of the error](http://www.imgur.com/YujEWss).

Can you advise?

Tom

Maik_schmidt_avatar2_pragsmall
09 Mar 2017, 15:53
Maik Schmidt (121 posts)

Hi Tom!

Thank you very much for your message!

I’m afraid that Google has changed the Chrome API. When I wrote the book chrome.Event was public, but that seems to be no longer the case.

I’ll try to find a solution.

Best, Maik

You must be logged in to comment