small medium large xlarge

Generic-user-small
01 Jul 2015, 15:23
Ugo Landini (10 posts)

cannot load such file – chunky_png (LoadError).

the require is in grid.rb

Generic-user-small
01 Jul 2015, 17:22
mohanraj (2 posts)

Yea same problem for me as well. chunky_png file is missing

Generic-user-small
01 Jul 2015, 18:52
Jamis Buck (30 posts)

It sounds like the ChunkyPNG library isn’t installed. Were you able to gem install chunky_png, as indicated near the bottom of page 29 (print/PDF version)? If you type gem list at a command line, does chunky_png show up there?

Generic-user-small
01 Jul 2015, 23:55
Ugo Landini (10 posts)

Yep correct, But you talk about this dependency in the “rendering the maze as an image” (reading the epub, so no page number), after some examples that should be just ascii art but still include grid.rb, so you won’t read it when you’ll need it.

Generic-user-small
02 Jul 2015, 00:13
Jamis Buck (30 posts)

Oh, are you using the code downloaded from here? Rather than keying in the examples yourself? You’re right, that the grid.rb in the source code is the complete grid.rb, with all the bells and whistles, and it assumes you’ve already hit those bits about rendering an image. I’m sorry about that!

I’ll put on my thinking cap and see what I can do for that. You really ought to be able to run those early examples without stumbling over chunky_png.

Generic-user-small
03 Jul 2015, 20:06
Ugo Landini (10 posts)

Yep, it’s a minor glitch, I just wanted to see some examples before converting the algorithms in other languages. BTW, just put the code in folders named as the chapters to solve it :)

Generic-user-small
03 Jul 2015, 21:58
Jamis Buck (30 posts)

Excellent suggestion. Thank you!

You must be logged in to comment