small medium large xlarge

Generic-user-small
16 Aug 2016, 16:33
Matthew Rieger (2 posts)

Thanks for putting this book together! One thing I’ve noticed is that the RubyMotion Android project is built against the Android API version 17, but the free version of RubyMotion can only target the current API version (23 as of this post). I’m sure I’m not the only one who doesn’t want to spend $200 for a year’s worth of paid RubyMotion to evaluate the framework through this book. Is it possible to rework the RubyMotion/Android chapter to use the current API version?

Thanks,

Matt

Mypicture_pragsmall
16 Aug 2016, 19:21
Tony Hillerson (39 posts)

I addressed this a little in the chapter on the different frameworks. Because of that limitation and also some issues I ran into at the time of writing (with the splash screen added by the free version) I had to target the paid version.

Right now I don’t have plans to rewrite the chapter. Although it’s not ideal, you can still get a feel for the framework by reading through the chapter, and also take onboard the idea that to do what you want (for instance support more than one API level for Android) you’ll need the paid version.

What sorts of things are you looking for in your investigation?

You must be logged in to comment