small medium large xlarge

Generic-user-small
05 Sep 2016, 16:10
Julian Harty (3 posts)

I spent a frustrating couple of hours trying to fathom out why the history section wasn’t appearing. In the end the main cause was a subtlety in where Android ‘draws’ layouts on the screen. Between day 2 and day 3 there’s a key change in the activity_convery layout - the orientation needs to change from vertical to horizontal. Although the book (on page 136) does contain the correct value, I missed noticing it. I only discovered this after several hours of comparing versions of the code, etc. and after searching StackOverflow. It seems to be a common mistake that frustrates others http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27066340/recyclerview-not-displaying

Please could the authors is to explain this class of problem (to do with Android layouts and some of the main things that can go wrong). Even better if you’re able to suggest techniques and tools to find the problems more easily than hunt and peck…

Mypicture_pragsmall
06 Sep 2016, 02:08
Tony Hillerson (38 posts)

Good catch. Posting about it will go a long way to helping other readers, I hope. I have to confess that I’m baffled by a lot of Android layout problems, and I don’t know how to categorize this one in a way that helps you avoid all such problems.

My only advice is to always proceed in a methodical fashion when changing a view, and use source control to help you out of a jam.

Apr_pragsmall
23 Dec 2016, 16:20
Hackerstock.com (1 post)

Good information for me bro i want to ask you more info can you send me your contact. Thanks

Generic-user-small
20 Apr 2017, 15:02
kedoya (1 post)

really inspired me

You must be logged in to comment