small medium large xlarge

Jtth dream selfie crop big_pragsmall
17 Apr 2017, 20:39
Jordan Thevenow-Harrison (3 posts)

I ran lein new luminus picture-gallery +auth +swagger +cljs +postgres. It doesn’t seem to have a requirement for reagent at all, and the routing code is very different from what’s in the book. What’s up with this? I have the answer code and all that, but that very much defeats the purpose of working through the book with commentary. Is this a versioning issue where I should be using some older version of luminus? If so, which one and how do I go about doing that?

Profile_pic_pragsmall
17 Apr 2017, 21:39
Dmitri Sotnikov (115 posts)

Hi,

The template changed slightly since publishing. You just have to swap +cljs with +reagent to add Reagent support. Most examples should work more or less the same with recent versions, but there are a few small changes such as this.

If you’d like to use the same version of the template as in the book, then you have to set the template version in your ~/.lein/profiles.clj file as follows:

{:user {:plugins [[luminus/lein-template "2.9.10.74"]]}}

This will ensure that the projects are generated using the same version of the template that was used in the book. You can see more details on this in chapter 1, under the “Creating an Application from a Template” section.

Hope this helps.

Jtth dream selfie crop big_pragsmall
18 Apr 2017, 03:15
Jordan Thevenow-Harrison (3 posts)

Thanks, this worked perfectly. Figuring out how to use struct instead of bouncer (though I did proceed in the tutorial just using bouncer), but all the rest is going well!

Profile_pic_pragsmall
18 Apr 2017, 03:16
Dmitri Sotnikov (115 posts)

Glad to hear it, and there’s an example of using struct here if you’re curious. However, bouncer will work fine as well.

You must be logged in to comment