I would like to thank you for your very useful well-written book.
1) I am wondering if the 1st version of book/codes also work with PostgreSQL 9.6?
2) I am using postgreSQL 9.6 and in Ch. 8, when I am creating the Materialized View by the rake db:migrate, it stops with the error:
- ERROR: could not create unique index “customer_details_customer_id”
- DETAIL: Key (customer_id)=(1) is duplicated.
- CREATE UNIQUE INDEX customer_details_customer_id ON customer_details(customer_id)
I removed the code that creates the Unique Index, so It does create the View, and indeed the customer_id=1 is duplicated , that is why the initial rake command stops.
Please advise how to fix. thanks a lot.