I just read through the book and I felt a lot of essential information was missing, including:
- Installing rspec and basic commands of rspec/rake - I use .NET and PHP for my websites and apps. I’m not familiar with Ruby and it was not listed as a prerequisite, how do I get started? Is this book only for Rails apps?
- Browser compatibility testing - How do I run tests in multiple browsers? How do I know pages “look right” in addition to functioning correctly in, say, IE8?
- **Responsive layout and/or device testing* Does the test I just ran on a desktop computer work on an Android phone? How do I test gestures like “swipe”?
- Monitoring - sometimes apps break in production after they’ve been running fine for months. How do I run tests on production?
- Testing Common Technical Scenarios* - What if cookies are disabled? What if AdBlock is blocking a script from loading?