small medium large xlarge

Generic-user-small
28 Jan 2016, 15:35
Matthew Humphries (2 posts)

Is anyone else noticing that the PDF version of this book seems to be the wrong aspect ratio and looks stretched? It’s hard to explain, so I captured an image of the front cover next to another PragProg book front cover to show you the difference. The Exercises for Programmers pages seem squished. or is it just me?

Here’s the image (sorry, didn’t know how to add it directly into the forum post):

http://imgur.com/gUQ6PVb

I’ve tried re-downloading the PDF to make sure it wasn’t something that had already been fixed, but it’s the same. My PDF reader (SumatraPDF) is setup the same for both books, so it’s definitely the PDF that’s the issue.

Is this just how the book is meant to be? I don’t think it is because The Prgamatic Programmers logo looks wrong, too.

Bphogan2016_pragsmall
28 Jan 2016, 15:38
Brian P. Hogan (178 posts)

It’s not that it’s stretched. It’s that it’s not as wide as other books you may have. So it’s going to look a little different in your PDF reader. The width of the pages is considerably smaller as we used the “pocket guide” size for this book as opposed to the wider formats for other books.

Does that help clear it up?

Generic-user-small
28 Jan 2016, 16:03
Matthew Humphries (2 posts)

yes, thanks for clearing that up. The front cover looks wrong, the text looks OK, but I was suspicious because of the front cover.

I think getting the front cover fixed, although minor, would be worthwhile. It’s definitely squished.

Bphogan2016_pragsmall
28 Jan 2016, 23:02
Brian P. Hogan (178 posts)

I think this is now resolved. Thanks for your feedback.

You must be logged in to comment