small medium large xlarge

Drewneil_pragsmall
30 Oct 2015, 09:51
Drew Neil (32 posts)

If you have any questions or suggestions, this forum is where to bring them up.

Generic-user-small
30 Oct 2015, 17:47
Lindsay Davies (2 posts)

Congratulations on getting a second edition of the book completed. As an owner of the first version of this ebook, I wondered if there was an upgrade path to the second version, or do I just buy it again for the revisions?

Generic-user-small
30 Oct 2015, 17:48
Christoffer Holmstedt (1 post)

@Lindsay Davies I just got 2nd edition for free. When logged in you should have a “redeem” button for 100% off for 2nd edition of Practical Vim.

@Drew Neil Thanks for a great book, one of the best from Pragmatic Bookshelf!

Generic-user-small
30 Oct 2015, 18:33
Lindsay Davies (2 posts)

@Christoffer Holmstedt - Thank you for the pointer. I’ve never noticed those before. I usually just go straight to my bookshelf and hoped to see upgrade options against the books there, but now I know where to look. Much obliged indeed.

Drewneil_pragsmall
30 Oct 2015, 19:27
Drew Neil (32 posts)

Thanks for the congratulations Lindsay! I’m pleased that the book is up to date again (for now at least).

It looks like Christoffer has pointed you in the right direction to get your free upgrade. I hope you enjoy it!

Squareprofile_simpsons_1k_pragsmall
04 Nov 2015, 16:34
Andy Davis (1 post)

I can’t say enough good things about your book, it has been very helpful to get me really thinking in Vim.

Thanks for the second edition.

Generic-user-small
16 Feb 2016, 00:32
Roman Savaryn (1 post)

The .mobi e-book for Kindle has wrong images. For instance, compare Tip 115 in the .epub vs .mobi. Epub has a screenshot containing text “The antidi…”. In contract, .mobi has a seemingly random cover image for “Seven Web Frameworks in Seven Weeks by Jack Moffitt”. All images in .mobi are not matching the context.

Could you please fix the issue?

Thanks!

Generic-user-small
13 Jun 2016, 12:52
Slotkenov (2 posts)

Is it possible to easily spot the differences and additions of the second edition to the first edition? I have just read the first edition (for the second time) and am interested in the updates in the second edition. However, I don’t want to read the whole book again, just to find out what’s new.

Generic-user-small
13 Jun 2016, 14:19
Slotkenov (2 posts)

Ah, yes. That’s a great reference. Thanks! Let me go ahead and order the second edition ebook now :)

You must be logged in to comment