small medium large xlarge

Generic-user-small
31 Oct 2015, 03:27
Greg Vaughn (6 posts)

I prefer epub in general. I’ve looked at the epub in iBooks (iOS and Mac) as well as Mantano reader for Android. None of them display the reversed text I see in the pdf to indicate cursor position. Does anyone know any epub reader that gets that right?

Untitled_pragsmall
10 Nov 2015, 17:20
Saager Mhatre (1 post)

I’m experiencing the same problems with the MOBI format when viewed on either device, Kindle Paperwhite or Kindle app on Android.

Generic-user-small
10 Nov 2015, 21:04
Wolfgang Pfnür (2 posts)

I’ve got the same problem with both ePub and mobipocket on my iPhone, only the PDF version is showing the cursor position and search highlighting/visual selection. Unfortunately that’s also the one that is totally unfit to read on the iPhone… The underscore from the previous v1.1 worked well in kindle for iPhone.

Generic-user-small
09 Dec 2015, 08:55
Toby Foster (1 post)

+1

I’d love to be able to read this on my Mac and iPhone with either iBooks or Kindle.

Generic-user-small
20 Dec 2015, 21:10
Steven William Hirsch (3 posts)

The 1st edition displays properly in epub, I don’t know why this can’t be fixed quickly for the 2nd edition!

Generic-user-small
29 Dec 2015, 02:57
Yuji Nakao (1 post)

I have the same problem. I hope this issue will be fixed in the next minor update.

Generic-user-small
14 Jan 2016, 06:41
Wolfgang Pfnür (2 posts)

It’s fixed for me in iBooks now (ePub). Thanks a lot!

Unfortunately the issue still persists in kindle, but I wanted to read the book in iBooks anyways ;-)

Drewneil_pragsmall
14 Jan 2016, 10:17
Drew Neil (40 posts)

The issue with epub has now been resolved. Sorry it took us so long to address this.

Generic-user-small
27 Jan 2016, 17:16
Bryce Lanham (2 posts)

I’m still seeing this issue with the Kindle edition, any update on when it will be fixed?

Drewneil_pragsmall
27 Jan 2016, 22:50
Drew Neil (40 posts)

This should have been fixed for Kindle with the P1.1 update that was published on January 13th, 2016. Here’s a screenshot from practical-vim-second-edition_p1_1.mobi, as it appears in Kindle reader on the Mac.

If you’re still not seeing a cursor in the mobi edition, could you let us know which Kindle version you’re using?

Generic-user-small
29 Jan 2016, 00:38
Bryce Lanham (2 posts)

I actually bought from Amazon, and not the the .mobi (had I known about the ebook+physical bundle direct from the publisher I would have bought that instead). It looks like they haven’t published the update yet. I tried deleting the book on two different devices, and after redownloading I still get the old version (the copyright page gives the version as “Book version: P1.0— October 2015”).

Generic-user-small
02 Feb 2016, 22:49
Keerthan Jaic (1 post)

Has the amazon version been updated?

Drewneil_pragsmall
03 Feb 2016, 15:27
Drew Neil (40 posts)

We’ve sent the updated .mobi edition to Amazon, so it’s in their hands now. I’m sorry that we can’t make this happen any faster for you.

Generic-user-small
07 Jul 2016, 15:55
Ronfleur (1 post)

Hi Drew, the problem doesn’t seem to be resolved for E-pub on Android (4.2.1) FBreader (2.6.9 format plugins 1.5.8)…

Thanks!

Ronfleur

Generic-user-small
29 Apr 2017, 07:05
Pivafoma (1 post)

Hello, Drew! Is the pdf expected? Thanks!

You must be logged in to comment